Search This Blog

Main Street - Deer Tick

Goodbye...

Deer Tick
American (Providence, Rhode Island) indie rock band consisting of John J. McCauley III, Christopher Dale Ryan, Dennis Ryan, Ian O'Neil and Rob Crowell.



Main Street

I can't sleep, I can't close my eyes.
Blink for one second and the whole world pass you by
Yeah, I guess I meant, all the days I've spent

I can't eat, I can't use my mouth
I miss one day, and the whole world casts you out
Yeah, I guess I tried
All the times I've lied

Goodbye, time, you ain't on my side
The satisfaction; I got too much of mine.
Some girls here, they'll never let me down
But Main Street seems so lonely now

Well I can't hear, I can't use my ears.
Miss one speech and you're uninformed to tears
Yeah, I guess I'm scared
All the times I care

I can't breathe, I can't use my nose.
Miss one night from the stomped on bag of blow
Yeah, I guess I'm wrong
I can't sing this song

Goodbye, time, you ain't on my side
The satisfaction, I got way too much of mine
Some girls here, they'll never let me down
Oh, but Main Street seems so lonely now

I can't write, I can't bleed my soul
Lose one friend and your whole mind finds a hole
Yeah, I guess he's gone
I knew that for sure
Speak to me alone,
And I'll have never felt it before

No comments:

Post a Comment